ClanDream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod switches - look at this even if you don't mod.

2 posters

Go down

Mod switches - look at this even if you don't mod. Empty Mod switches - look at this even if you don't mod.

Post by Jack Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:54 am

A command line switch is something that's added to the end of a shortcut to a program. Generally, switches are preceded by a hyphen. For those who don't know how to use them, here's a quick and easy guide; those who already know how to use command switches can skip ahead.

1) Create a shortcut to RTW.

2) Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties.

3) At the end of the Target box, where the location of the program is in quotes, add the desired switches after the program path. So for instance, your Target line might read "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -switch1 -switch2, where -switch1 and -switch2 are switches.

These are the that are ones are useful non modding people aswell there are more of them.

-ne. This switch is the #1 most useful switch of all, discounting show_err. It allows RTW to run in windowed mode—you can switch back and forth between it and other applications instantly while anything's loading. I can't overstate how useful this is—no more staring blankly at loading screens! You can post on message boards, talk on IRC, etc., switching between RTW and your browser as easily as you switch between your browser and e-mail client. Try it out and see for yourself.

-nm. This is next most useful, in my opinion. What it does is quite simple—it eliminates all videos, including the introductory videos and the menu background video. This speeds up loading significantly.

Copied and pasted from TWC, with a little word changing, can't be bothered to write my own when it's already there. ;)

Jack
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Mod switches - look at this even if you don't mod. Empty Re: Mod switches - look at this even if you don't mod.

Post by Toe_Jam Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:07 pm

DippingDuck wrote:A command line switch is something that's added to the end of a shortcut to a program. Generally, switches are preceded by a hyphen. For those who don't know how to use them, here's a quick and easy guide; those who already know how to use command switches can skip ahead.

1) Create a shortcut to RTW.

2) Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties.

3) At the end of the Target box, where the location of the program is in quotes, add the desired switches after the program path. So for instance, your Target line might read "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -switch1 -switch2, where -switch1 and -switch2 are switches.

These are the that are ones are useful non modding people aswell there are more of them.

-ne. This switch is the #1 most useful switch of all, discounting show_err. It allows RTW to run in windowed mode—you can switch back and forth between it and other applications instantly while anything's loading. I can't overstate how useful this is—no more staring blankly at loading screens! You can post on message boards, talk on IRC, etc., switching between RTW and your browser as easily as you switch between your browser and e-mail client. Try it out and see for yourself.

-nm. This is next most useful, in my opinion. What it does is quite simple—it eliminates all videos, including the introductory videos and the menu background video. This speeds up loading significantly.

Copied and pasted from TWC, with a little word changing, can't be bothered to write my own when it's already there. ;)
ty
Toe_Jam
Toe_Jam
Whoa baby
Whoa baby

Back to top Go down