DOTA - Early game tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DOTA - Early game tips

Post by Discharge4life on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Alright, Caesar asked me to make this so I hope it helps all in the clan and later on I will be posting what more I learn for all of your benifits.

In a 5v5 AP game, once you choose your hero you have 603 gold. With all honesty, that is pretty good. Depending on your hero's main atribute, their begining item (Wraith, Bracer, Null) will cost different. Slippers/Mantle/Gauntlets cost 150, Circlet costs 185. Bracer recipe costs 175 itself, making the total cost 510. Most times I don't get the recipe until later, and I just stick with the Gauntlets and Circlet, with 268 left to spend. From there, I get 2 salves and a clarity potion leaving you with 18 gold. Be careful though, salves and claritys affect stops when hit, so go back a little and then use them for the full 400hp or 100mana. You could do the same thing with the Wraith for an agi hero, leaving you with 50 more gold, so you could buy another clarity or just save it for later. With the Null, you only have 25 more gold so just stick with the one salve.
This is the basic early game items, I will be posting more soon but I thought I would get atleast Something up for now.
~Discharge4life

Last edited by Discharge4life on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Discharge4life
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

More early game tips

Post by Discharge4life on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 am

Alright, now, whenever someone attacks you early game, you back up right? So if you think about it, if you attack them, they will back up. If they back up, you can snipe out more kills or deny more units, giving them less xp in the time you get more. Always be on your gaurd for missing heros, and call mia if your opposing hero is gone.

Make sure that you don't go using all your mana to attack the enemy at level 2, making you wait when you are level 6 or 7 to regen mana. Proportionalize your mana and make sure you have enough if you are going to gank. A Ring of Basilius would be a wonderful item to get early gameif money allows. It costs 500 gold total -Ring of Protection and a Sobi Mask-, gives +6 damage, +3 armor, and mana regen (.065 more per second, which is alot better then your start off regen). Later on in the game, you can disassemble it, sell the Sobi Mask, and get an Arcane Ring. An Arcane Ring requires a Ring of Protection (from your previous Ring of Basilius), Energy Booster (1000 gold at the Secret Shop), and the recipe is 525 gold. You can actively use the Arcane ring to regenerate 135 mana (at a cost of 25 mana per use) every 30 seconds or so. In addition, it gives +3 armor and 300 more mana. This item is also good later on in the game, having a regen of 110 mana (135 - 25 = 110) ever 30 seconds, can save you if your run out. This is particularly good for itel heros, but it is quite useful for all.

This is all for now, I will keep posting as I keep learning and hope this helps you all. Any questions, just coment or ask me in game.
~Discharge4lfie
Discharge4life
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

little tip about items

Post by grimfrom213 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 pm

-vlad offering; it doesnt work for range heroes (for melee only and gives aura to ur creeps and ur teams)
-helms of dominator; same thing as vlad but its also for ranges. but it doesnt stack with other orb effects like maelstorm, sny, desolator, or skadi
-basher; its pretty good item but dont stack for those heroes that have basher effects like void
-bloodstone; is good for int heroes
-heart; is good for str heroes.. and few int heroes like sniper
-assault; is good for str heroes (for speed & dmg)
-battlefury; only for melees
-force staff; if ur hero is slow and dont want ur enemies to get away, get this item.. i think its either u drag them to u or u go to them..
-dagon; you could upgrade this item for lvl 5.. after lvl 1; all u need is recipts (cost 1300-1350)
-scepter; its good for int heroes and few agi heroes ultimate... its either good for increase dmg, decrease the cooldown time
-divine; its good.. gives u 250+ dmg (relic+demonedge) but if u die wit it, it drops.. same thing as gem
skadi; its good for every heroes, but better in range..
grimfrom213
Post some more
Post some more

http://www.facebook.com/grim213

Back to top Go down

Re: DOTA - Early game tips

Post by Discharge4life on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:52 am

Force staff pushes them away...
Discharge4life
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down